Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Workshop Watch: Baking

It's Leah here and I'll bet you didn't know that CSS has a world-famous bakery. That's right, and today, I popped in while Bunks 9 and 10 were eagerly filling an order of Iced Buttery Cutouts. Made from scratch by mixing all the right ingredients, rolling out the dough and cutting out creative shapes, these cookies are then decorated. Icing, sugar crystals and sprinkles grace the tops of these cookies and add just a bit more to their sweetness. I met some of the bakers. Here's what they said:

Rina K:
"Baking rocks and so do the people who work here."
Alexis B.:
"I like baking because it's so much fun and you can use your imagination with baking."
Rachel W.:
"I love cracking the eggs. Plus, you get to eat all the yummy stuff you bake."
Gavriella:
"Baking is fun because you get to eat it after."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!