Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Workshop Watch: Woodworking

Good afternoon and thanks for joining us today for this edition of Workshop Watch. I'm Leah and I'll be your host. Today we are getting reports of activity down at the Woodworking shop where Mr. Engel is helping campers fashion unique pieces out of wood. From piles of sawdust, emerge napkin holders, key racks, jewelry boxes among other things. Campers first saw the wood, then shape it, sand it, glue together any pieces, then finally stain and decorate it.

Yocheved Krakauer (no relation to Jon) contributed reporting to this story. She spoke with campers. Here's what they had to say:

Mara C. said she
"worked so hard and made a napkin holder."
Ilana F. made a key holder. She said,
"the best part was when I helped to cut the wood."
Another camper, Karen, said,
"I made my name and the best part was working with Risa on the saw."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!